Hussein is engaged in a general corporate, commercial practice that includes commercial and residential real estate law.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Hussein had significant hands-on involvement in the management of family businesses and is able to converse easily at any level with owners and managers of all manner of business enterprises. Throughout transactions he explains complex legal issues in clear business terms to his clients.
Hussein assists clients at all stages of business growth. His services include incorporating and organizing companies, preparing partnership and shareholders’ agreements, preparing and reviewing commercial leases and franchise agreements, providing advice in matters dealing with intellectual property and technology related issues, commercial and residential real estate and the purchase, sale and financing of businesses. In addition, Hussein represents a number of not-for-profit organizations in the Golden Horseshoe.
Hussein was inducted into the partnership of the firm in January, 2009.
In 2012, Hussein was awarded the first ever “40 Under 40 Entrepreneur Award” for Hamilton/Burlington. This award is in recognition of Hussein’s achievement in growing a large clientele list of individuals and business owners.
Hussein is very active in the community and sits or recently sat on the following local, provincial and national boards of directors and executive committees:
- Government of Canada Roundtable on Security
- Canadian Civil Liberties Association
- North American Spiritual Revival (Vice-Chair)
- Special Investigations Unit
- Muslim Youth of North America Advisory Committee
- Hamilton Law Association, Board of Trustees
- Hamilton Law Association Corporate/Commercial Committee
- Hamilton Chief of Police's Advisory Committee
Admissions & Affiliations
- Called to the Bar in Ontario 2002
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Hamilton Law Association
- Halton Law Association
- Muslim Lawyers' Association
- Canadian Arab Lawyers' Association
- B.A. (Honours) with distinction, Political Science and History - McMaster University
- M.A. - International Relations - University of Toronto
- Bay Area Leadership Program 2005
- LL.B. - University of Western Ontario Law School