Serena practices out of our Burlington office. Her focus is business law and trade-marks. Prior to joining SimpsonWigle LAW LLP, Serena spent several years at a leading Atlantic Canada law firm working with clients that included owner-managed businesses, professional and non-profit corporations that had interests ranging from various health-care professions to technology-based fields to the mining, oil and gas industries. She has an understanding of diverse forms and types of business organizations and their internal business dynamics. She assists and advises clients with the incorporation, purchase, sale and financing of businesses, as well as general day-to-day legal matters including contract review, shareholder agreements and leasing of commercial properties. In addition, Serena is able to support clients with real estate transactions, branding, licensing and trade-marks issues.
Serena spent a period of time as in-house counsel with a large, energy company headquartered in New Brunswick. Working with other lawyers, management and front-line employees, Serena’s executive responsibility included reviewing, negotiating and drafting key business agreements and assisting with the development of policies, procedures and reports to management on the company’s duties, liabilities and social responsibilities. This in-house experience provided her with an invaluable and unique perspective of the businesses she is regularly called on to advise.
Admissions & Affiliations
- Called to Bar in New Brunswick 2000
- Called to Bar in Ontario 2007
- New Brunswick Law Society
- Halton County Lawyers Association, Hamilton Law Association
- Registered Trade-Mark Agent
- The Rotary Club of Burlington - Lakeshore
- Director - Auxiliary Board of Directors, Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital
- B.A. - St. Thomas University 1996
- LL.B. - University of New Brunswick 1999